Friday, August 26, 2011

Do Naina Ek Kahani....


In the year 1982, when I was  -3 years old, there released a movie “Masoom.” It was a movie adaptation of the novel, Man woman and Child. The movie centers around a young man, his family and his illegitimate relationship with one of his classmate.

When I was about 8 years old I first saw this movie. Didn’t quite understand it, at that age what possibly could I understand? There’s a song in the movie Lakdi ki kaathi which became my favorite song, because the song featured really sweet kids, who grew up to become very successful actors. That was then, that only for that song I loved the movie.

A couple of years later when I grew up to become a young adult, I loved another song from the movie, huzoor iss kadar bhi na itra ke chaliye. A romantic ghazal in the velvet voice of Bhupinder and Suresh Vadkar. The song brings out the best of the emotions. The lyrics of the song are such, that, if sung to any female she will be proud of her beauty.

Now I am 26 and today there is another song from the movie that I have recently started liking, Do Naina Ek Kahani. The song is sung by Asha ji and beautifully composed by Pancham Da. I am playing this song in loop since evening and there is not a single minute that these tears have left my eyes. I am fighting with them to go away and never to come back, but they are stubborn. They refuse to go. I miss that special someone in my life today. I know no matter what, I can’t have her back. So wherever you are, just know I really miss you, kyuki ek khatm ho to dusari raat aa jaati hai, hoton par fir bhuli hui baat aa jaati hai…..

4 comments:

Shilpa Kanor said...

:) Im sure she would have liked ur blog..like she alwz did

Pooja Cornelius said...

@Ships: :)

Kunal said...

A special movie with special songs.
Heart felt. :)

Pooja Cornelius said...

@kunal: thanks so much for reading my posts so regularly....