Tuesday, August 23, 2011

And We Fought

"The movie was really good, I guess Ajay Devgn has done justice to the role!” Exclaimed Sameer.
“Seriously yaar” replied Ritesh.
“So where do we plan to dine?” Asked Sameer.
“I feel like Chinese.” Said Ritesh.
“Right then buddy! Chinese it is.”
Both enter a Chinese restaurant and to Sameer’s surprise Ruchika is seated there already. She is alone and is flipping through the menu.Sameer is really excited to see her and decides to go and talk to her. Just as he decides to approach Ruchika , he sees Rohan entering and immediately occupying a seat next to her. Sameer decides to go and talk to her. He is fuming in anger this time.
“Hi Ruchika .”
“Oh hi Sameer, good to see you. How have you been?”
“Good to see you too, what are you doing here?” (With a lot of sarcasm in his voice).
“I am sorry, I didn’t get you?”
“I thought you liked Italian?” Asked Sameer.
“Yeah but I never said I dislike Chinese and moreover Rohan likes Chinese.” Replied Ruchika.
Rohan became a silent spectator to the ongoing verbal clashes between Sameer and Ruchika. Rohan guessed it in a minute that Sameer has fallen for Ruchika, but is unable to express it. Rohan knew Ruchika well, he knew she would never understand unless Sameer says that he loves her.
“Wait a minute why are we arguing” said Ruchika in a more firm tone.
“Oh so I am the one who is arguing ” Reacted Sameer.
“I don’t understand whats your problem Sameer. I am sorry I couldn’t get back to you, I was keeping busy. I know you are upset because of that.”
“I am not upset, I am in love with you Ruchika, can’t you see?”
There was a minute of silence. The people around almost stopped all other activity to see how Ruchika reacts. Rohan on the other hand had a faint smile on his face, he couldn’t have expressed his happiness there for Ruchika would have certainly not wanted that. Ritesh stood dumstruck!
“What? When did this happen Sameer, I never gave you any indications, then how could you think this”
Sameer didn’t have an answer to this question. He knew in his impulse he said what he shouldn’t have; probably this wasn’t the right time. But now that he had confessed his love he didn’t want to take the step back.
“I guess I fell for you, the minute I saw you, didn’t know if it was love, then, but now I am more that sure, its love. I love you Ruchika.”
Ruchika stood up and walked out of the door. She never replied to what Sameer asked.
“Sameer give her sometime, she will be fine.” said Rohan coolly.
Sameer didn’t want to create a scene in the restaurant, he never looked at Rohan, because his eyes were fixed on Ruchika, he saw her leave. Rohan followed Ruchika.
Ritesh patted Sameer’s back just to assure him, he never did anything wrong, they both stood there till Ruchika went out of sight.
To be continued...

3 comments:

Kunal said...

Too early..isn't it...thoda sa aur wait karna tha Sameer ko.. :)

yamini said...

Sameer bohot impulsive hai!! I hope it doesn't lead to anything unexpected!! I want sameer and ruchika to get together.

writer madam, thodi samajh daalo sameer me!!

Pooja Cornelius said...

@kunal: wait he to nahi hota pyar main.
@mini moo: Sameer to Sameer hai kaha sunane wala hai :)