Sunday, September 29, 2013

Maa Suno To!!

Ever imagined a day without your mom?? Nightmare!! that’s all I can say. I was reading newspaper one fine morning. My mom walks into my room, picked up my clothes for laundry took the empty tea mug and moved my slippers away from the puja room. All in one go. I was sitting on my chair witnessing the sequence of the events. And it struck me what if I have to pass a day without my maa… And I imagined and the cloud became bigger and bigger and bigger.

Well I did imagine a day without my maa… I was reading newspaper one fine morning. Nobody did my laundry that day, as a result of which my clothes are lying somewhere or the other. There is a mountain of clothes under which I am suffocating in some corner of my room, let alone the newspaper I can’t even move to sip tea from my favorite mug. I get super irritated and finally manage to come out of that heap. I am running for some oxygen, suddenly I brake because I see some more stuff lying on the floor they are my camera lenses,on the floor. I pick them up and try to find a place to put them but I am more than shocked that even in a 2 BHK I can’t find some decent space for my belonging!!

I have a favorite tee…. It’s pink in color. I am searching for that tee and can’t find it anywhere. I am so sad and disappointed. I feel like reading and I can’t find my book that I kept near my bedside last night. I feel so lost so confused. The house looks strange, the things not arranged, in mess. In all that confusion the house helper arrives. “Didi mummy ko pucho kitni roti banana hai??” and I am super surprised, she also makes rotis at my place??  I never knew that!! A minute later the same question pops up and I say, “6 bana do.” And she again says, “lekin aapki mummy to 7 bolti hai hamesha.” To which I reply, “ha to bana do na.” Again she asks, “Aur Parathe kitne??” And I wonder who eats Parathas at my place!! Confused I tell her, “Bana do apne hisab se.”

The door bell rings…. There is a tall man standing as I open the door, “Kapde de rahe kya??” I realize he is our iron man. “Ha ruko lekar ati hu….. 32 kapde hai , kab tak laa doge.” And he replies, “kal subah main la dunga.” And I wonder what would take him so long, I mean its only 32 right!!

And before the cloud could get any bigger it burst, I realized I was just day dreaming. I looked around and I found my maa doing what she is best at, managing us, her home and above all our lives. I called out to her, “ Maa suno to.” She replied, “Bol jaldi time nahi hai.” I said, “Maa you are my hero!!” My maa, turned around smiled and said, “Ja ek baar sabzi dekh le nahi to jal jayegi…..”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:) importance of ppl! :)