Thursday, August 25, 2011

And The Wait....


It was 8 pm and Ruchika was no where in the vicinity. Sameer was getting restless, he was eager to set things in place. This anxiety was bothering him. He kept tapping his foot on the ground, he even started to bite his nails, time was passing by but Ruchika was no where. Sameer constantly looked at his watch. Just then he gets a call from Ruchika.

“Where are you Ruchika?”

“Sameer I am stuck in the traffic. It will take me another half an hour to reach.”

“Alright, never mind. You take your time. I will wait.”

Ruchika disconnects the call.

For once Sameer hated the traffic in Mumbai. The last one hour seemed to be like ages for him. He wanted to see her desperately. He kept looking at either sides of the road because he wasn’t sure where will she come from. Just then he gets another call from Ruchika.

“Its not easy to wait for someone, isn’t it Sameer?”

“Why are you doing this to me Ruchika? Where are you? How much more time?”

“Why were you tapping your feet, biting your nails and constantly looking at your watch?”

“I was getting restless. You said you would meet me at 8, its 9.30 already. Wait a minute how do you know I was looking at my watch constantly?”

“Where are you, Ruchika? Please don’t play fools with me.”

“Take a look around Sameer, spot me if you can.”

Sameer still has the phone to his ears. He looks around the busy market area. He sees people all around in groups, alone but he is unable to find Ruchika.The restlessness is evident on his face.

“Ruch please tell me where are you?”

“Sameer turn around.”

Sameer turns around to see Ruchika. She is dressed in a green top and denim. Pretty as ever she would look.

“I love you Ruch. I love you so much.” Exclaims Sameer and hugs Ruchika.

At first Ruchika doesn’t respond to the hug, slowly she has her arms around Sameer, that’s the confession of love from her side.

To be continued...

3 comments:

! RUCH ! said...

OMG.... love easy love easy love.. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Kunal said...

is there another twist in the tale? :P

Pooja Cornelius said...

@ruch:You are the star of my sf!
@kunal: What do you think?