Tuesday, August 30, 2011

And we parted....


“Hi, how are you?” Asks Ruchika.

“I am fine.” Replies Sameer.

Its been more than a year, Sameer is in Boston. The frequency of the calls have reduced. He doesn’t send her the letters anymore, they don’t chat over the video calls. Sameer has changed and he thinks its for good.

“Whats bothering you Sameer?”

“Nothing Ruchika, nothing is bothering me.”

“You never call me Ruchika. Why now?”

“Things change yaar, people change. And with changing time, one must change to keep the pace with it.”

“Are you seeing someone else Sameer.”

“You girls can think only in one direction, isn’t it?”

“Its not about thinking in one direction Sameer, if yes I am not going to be the reason for your misery.”

“No I am not seeing someone else. Long distance relationships don’t work Ruchika. Moreoever I am extremely busy with my studies. The fall of this year I will have a job in my hand, I don’t want to leave this place and you wouldn’t come here.”

“Sameer you always gave me an idea you wanted to come back after your studies. You never told me that you wanted to settle there.”

“I am now telling you, I want to be here, I am not coming back.”

Ruchika has nothing to say, she feels cheated and betrayed. The only person she loved has shattered her.

“You are free Sameer, I always said I love you, I don’t own you.”

“I am sorry Ruchika. I didn’t mean to hurt you ever, but I am over it. I am really very sorry.”

Sameer Hangs the call. People often want to find reasons to end a relationship, sometimes distances start to matter, sometimes people just change for no reason and sometimes everything seems to be so useless, sometimes they just look for a reason, for they want to hide their mistakes and never admit their faults.

To be continued….

No comments: