Monday, August 22, 2011

And We Met-II


“Hi , it’s a small world isn’t it Sameer?”

“So you are Ruchika Singhal? The Ruchika Singhal. Sameer Sharma, my friends call me Sam.”

“My friends call me Ruch.”

“So, how come you replaced Mr. Arora?” Asked Sameer.

“Oh! I am assistant to Rohan and yes please don’t call him Mr. Arora else he will jump from this building. He is just 28.”

Sameer felt different maybe jealous when Ruchika spoke about Rohan. He hid his feelings.

They both walked through the college corridor, that was filled with student on either sides. They had to make their way through the crowd. At times Ruchika would keep her hand on Sameers shoulder just to make sure she kept pace with him. Sameer would turn around to see if Ruchika was still around, least he wanted was to lose her in the crowd. Finally they manage their way out.

“What are your plans for the day?”Asked  Sameer.

“Well I am not sure, my assignment is pending and I am way behind schedule.” Replied Ruchika.

“Which means you are busy? Why do you girls play with words, although I know you are really good with it” Mocks Sameer.

“Oh really ? Mr. Sharma how do you know I am good with words.”

“Oh! I was listening to your lecture.” Says Sameer.

“Aah! That, but I thought you were simply looking at me. (smiles,makes a sad face) I didn’t know I was in for a disappointment…. You were just listening…” Laughs away Ruchika.

Sameer is petrified, he least expected Ruchika to be so observant and above all he least expected Ruchika to be so out rightly, brutally truthful. He immediately gathers his senses and tries to reply, only to know he is miserably failing at finding the right answer. There couldn’t be a right answer at that moment. Only the right way could be the confession of love.

“Well I loved the lecture and I was concentrating on the same.” Replied Sameer

That’s the best reply he could think at that moment. He felt relieved, he didn’t want Ruchika to know what he felt for her. He wasn’t sure if she felt the same for him.
Just then Ruchika gets a call.

“Hi Rohan, (Pause), yes I am done with the lecture, yeah I will be there in an hour or so.” Ruchika hangs the call.

“Hey before I forget can I have your number Ruchika.”

“Yeah ofcourse, give me yours too.”

They both exchange the phone numbers.

“Alright, I will give you a call sometime.” Says Sameer.

“Call me only if you are interested in Italian” Chuckles Ruchika.

“I am up for Italian, girls and food both…. Laughs Sameer.

Bye, ciya soon.” Replies Ruchika.

Ruchika sits in the drivers seat of her car and drives away.

Sameer stands there for a minute and walks away.


To be continued.....


4 comments:

yamini said...

ahem ahem...rohan arora...just 28...sigh!! :)
poor sam!

ok...next!
QUICK!

Pooja Cornelius said...

@Yamini: thoda wait karo!!!! Sam is not all that poor ;)

Kunal said...

Its taking an interesting turn :P

! RUCH ! said...

I am called RUCH too... Mai to heroine ho gayi.. Thanks Pooji.. Mwwaahh.. :)