Saturday, August 20, 2011

And We Met-I


“Ruchika!!!!!!!!!! Ruchika Singhal?” Exclaimed Sameer.

“What? Do you know her?” Asked Ritesh.

“She is the same girl I was talking about… It’s a small world. Isn’t it Ritesh?”

“Look at you Mr. Romeo, you can’t get your eyes off her…”

While the conversation between Ritesh and Sameer was going on, Ruchika removed the laptop from the bag and placed the bottle of water on the podium. Ruchika was just about 5ft.2 inches tall, fair and had light brown eyes. She certainly had the looks of a bomshell; she was definitely a head turner.

“My dear students I take immense pleasure in welcoming our guest lecturer Ruchika Singhal.” Said one of the faculty members from the college holding the microphone in his hand.

Ruchika had a smile that could kill many without any violence, she smiled and her eyes met Sameers. She smiled again and waved her hand at him. The crowd that sat there turned their heads to see Sameer blushing. Sameer didn’t respond instead his friend did.

“You are such an idiot, ladki haath dikah rahi hai, aur tu sharma raha hai??”

“But that’s what my surname means! Bhul gaya kya mera naam Sameer Sharma hai.”

Ritesh hits Sameer in his stomach and right at that moment Ruchika starts to speak.

“Hi friends, I am Ruchika Singhal. Your speaker for this hour. I am a student with JJ School of Arts. You guys might be wondering, if I am still a student what am I doing on the other side of the stage?”

The crowd start talking amongst them, only then Ruchika interrupts

“Well that’s one question, even I don’t have an answer for.” Chuckles Ruchika.

“I am here to speak on my passion, Photography.”

Ruchika speaks efficiently for the next one hour only to see Sameer completely involved in her speech, he has a faint smile on his face and twinkle in his eyes. Sameer knew what he thought was just admiration is now love at second sight.

To be continued

1 comment:

Obscure Optimist said...

Shabaash...

next next next!! fatafat!