Friday, August 5, 2011

Of Sim Cards and Beyond that…..



A subscriber identity module or subscriber identification module (SIM) is an integrated circuit that securely stores the service-subscriber key (IMSI)used to identify a subscriber on mobile telephony devices (such as mobile phones and computers).
A SIM is held on a removable SIM card, which can be transferred between different mobile devices. SIM cards were first made the same size as a credit card (85.60 mm × 53.98 mm × 0.76 mm). The development of physically smaller mobile devices prompted the development of a smaller SIM card, the mini-SIM card. Mini-SIM cards have the same thickness as full-size cards, but their length and width are reduced to 25 mm × 15 mm.
A SIM card contains its unique serial number (ICCID), internationally unique number of the mobile user (IMSI), security authentication and ciphering information, temporary information related to the local network, a list of the services the user has access to and two passwords (PIN for usual use and PUK for unlocking).
Now you would be wondering, why am I going “gaga” over this sim card?? Well a couple of days back my sweetheart friend decided to clean her phone. Yes! You read that right. Clean the phone. She said, “My phone is full of dust and shit, I need to clean it.”
 She usually takes her office cab to work. The day was no different; she was in her cab when she made up her mind to “clean” her phone. In the process of cleaning the same, she managed to misplace her sim card. I am sure she must have put in a lot of effort to find the same but all in vain.
A couple of hours later I get an email from her,
Hi,

I have lost my sim card..

please mail (xyz@gmail.com )me incase of any emergency... or leave a message on fb...

It may take a while to get a new number/sim.

Thanks!

Have a super awesome day ahead!

-me
Now she doesn’t have a sim card and is extremely adamant about not getting one soon, so I am not able to call her and talk to her. Its Friendship day this Sunday and I won’t be able to wish her. This is beyond my forte to be a superwoman and convince her to get a sim card soon, so that I can talk to her everyday and especially on Sunday J
I hereby request all my blog readers to please post a comment saying, "best friend please get a sim soon, I miss talking to you"

Do something good this friendship day because friendship surely is beyond sim cards J

2 comments:

Kunal said...

Did you knew all this about SIM Cards already or you got all these when your friend lost her SIM card? :)

Friendship goes much deeper and thicker as compared to the sim cards.

Kunal

yamini said...

<3