Friday, March 18, 2011

“Kuch Meetha Ho Jaye”



“Many people say that they have a sweet tooth I say I have a sweet denture…..”

Its 7 pm I am watching a movie with my folks. My phone rings, I see a familiar name, it’s a call from my friend Ankita. I pick the call at once and greet her. We start a conversation and in the due course of the conversation she says that she would come and meet me at 11 am the next day. We talk about many other things happening around and finally hang up the call.

A brand new sunny day (Nagpur experiences summer right in the month of March, sad but true).As expected Ankita arrives exactly at 11 am (very punctual, just like me!!!).She is carrying this box in her hand, and I am curious to know what’s inside it? She doesn’t even bother to turn around and tell me what has she got? Whether it is for me? I am just clueless.

She calls out to my mom and hands her the box and tells maa , “Aunty yeh laddu hai, dryfriuts wale…. My uncle sent them from Kanpur. They are from a very famous shop called Thaggu ke Laddu. The famous quote in Kanpur associated with the shop is Aisa koi saga nahi jisko humne thaga nahi”. And I think, I have heard it somewhere, the next moment Ankita turns around, looks at me (Finally!!!!!!) and says, “have you seen Bunty aur Bubli”? I nod in agreement and there, she goes, “This line is used in the movie too!” (filmy gyan by Ankita)

Ever since she got those laddus I have made it a point to have them after lunch. And seriously they are the most amazing sweets I have ever tasted. Like I said I have a sweet denture, Ankita helped me stick to my greed.

Whether its chocolates or Laddu, Ankita you have brought a lot of sweetness in my life. Truly “Aisa koi saga nahi, jisko humne thaga nahi”.

1 comment:

yamini said...

achha??? This was some GK!!
Good that u enjoyed the laddus, and I enjoyed reading the post!