Friday, May 20, 2011

TWO AND A HALF STROKES.....


There is no electricity today. It’s extremely hot and humid in here. I am sitting near the window of my workstation. I dread looking outside the window as it is almost 45 degree Celsius. I am happy, atleast I have a roof above me to protect me from this life threatening heat.


Since the backup generator takes sometime to start, I thought I should divert my attention listening to some music. I plugged the i-pod to my ears. The song that was playing was “The Climb” by Miley Cyrus. Teenagers, especially girls, know only two females these days, Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus, pun intended!!

Like I always say there is a reason behind my liking for any song. So this song that I was listening was no different. The reason why I like this song is the two and a half strokes of violin towards the end of the first para. The anticipation of listening to those violin strokes and the joy I get after that, cannot be matched to any worldly pleasures.

Such is our life, just like the strokes of violin, we are the strings and God is the Bow. Very cleverly he tunes us and plays the melody he is fond of. Such is life, and its different strokes. Yet we manage to create a Unison of joy, sorrow, love , hatred, gain and loss. Such is our life….. A beautiful Melody J

P.S Lyrics: The Climb

I can almost see it, that dream I'm dreaming but, 

there's a voice inside my head saying, you'll never reach it. 

Every step I'm taking, every move I make feels 
lost with no direction, my faith is shaking, 
But I, I gotta keep trying. 
I gotta keep my head held high 



There's always gonna be another mountain. 

I'm always gonna wanna make it move. 
Always gonna be an uphill battle 
And sometimes I'm gonna have to lose. 
It ain't about how fast I get there, 
Ain't about whats waiting on the other side. 
It's the climb. 



The struggles I'm facing, 

The chances I'm taking, 
Sometimes might knock me down 
But no I'm not breaking. 
I may not know it 
But these are the moments that 
I'm gonna remember most, 
Yeah, just gotta keep going. 
And I, I got be strong. 





Gotta keep on pushing on, cuz 



There's always gonna be another mountain. 

I'm always gonna wanna make it move. 
Always gonna be an uphill battle. 
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose. 
Ain't about how fast I get there, 
Ain't about whats waitin on the other side. 
Its the climb. 




Keep on moving, 

Keep climbing, 
Keep the faith, babe. 
It's all about, 
It's all about the climb. 
Keep the faith. 
keep your faith

No comments: