Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Classified

I am a big Tom Cruise fan.... I must have seen Top Gun nearly a hundred times now...I love one particular dialog from the movie.

Maverick (That's Tom's calling name): "Its classified".

Instructor (the hot female lead in the movie): "Class.... what??"

Maverick:"It means I could tell you, but, then I'd have to kill you...."

I have totally fallen in love with the above lines, so much so that i keep using it in my day to day conversation.

We never realize how, at times we become completely "filmy". I was thinking what if I need a job change? What if I want to change my field completely? What will I do to earn my living? I came up with the conclusion that I can become a dialog writer with "apna film industry" Mere kalakari ka namuna sirf aapke liye :)

Raj: "I love you..."

Chandni: "I love you too, lekin bhuke peth bhi kabhi pyar hota hai bhala...."

Raj: "arey kyu ?"

Chandni: "Aaj mere hostel main khana nahi aaya..."

Raj: "Ab kya karegi, kya khayegi??"

Chandni: "Hostel ke baaju main annapoorna hai na waha kha lungi..."

Raj:"Aur sweet dish??"

Chandni:"Mai moti ho rahi hu, sweets khana chod diya hai...."

Camera is now focused on Raj (apne movie ka hero....). Raj is banging his head on the PCO ka telephone. He is thinking why on this earth girls don't have brains. Poor Raj was hoping Chandni could atleast say "Cadbury hai meethe main" if not "Tum ho na mai tumhe kha lungi..." Alright lets continue ;)

Raj: "Shaam main ghumne chalegi? Golgappe khayenge?"

Chandni:"Kaha na mai dieting par hu, kitne baar samjhau??"

Raj:"Thek hai hava khake aayenge, chal to sahi"

Chandni:"Hava he khani hai to, wo to mai apne hostel ke chat par bhi kha sakti hu, tere saath kyu chalu??"

Raj: "Thek hai mat chal, mujhe bhi koi shuak nahi hai, tere sath bahar jaane ka. Dubara phone bhi nahi karunga."

They both bang the phone!! And I realize what a mess I can be if I change my profession. 4 dialogs ke upar likhna itna mushkil hai, yeh pehle nahi pata tha.

Isiliye humari hindi movies main Raj aur Chandni nahi Raj aur Simran hai.....

It's not classified anymore :P

2 comments:

yamini said...

You better not get into any dialogue writing business.. You will make a comedy out of a serious romantic flick :D :D

Raj and Simran are anyday preferable, Pooja.. :D

Hilarious post.. Loved loved loved it!! :)

Pooja Cornelius said...

I am glad you liked it ;) yamini :D