Saturday, April 2, 2011

Love, Respect and Pride

My facebook status this morning said,"Watch out ... I am back in action."

After 45 days, today, I finally resumed my work. Had been on this long journey of self exploration and patience testing. I have evolved of this as a totally new person. What makes me different? Love, Respect and Pride- these make me a different person altogether.

This morning I polished my woodland shoes, selected a well ironed green shirt over black trousers, dressed to kill.... Yeah yeah! a little exaggeration is just OK once a while, isn't it? I was about to wear my shoes when my maa walked into my room and she saw me struggling. I was unable to tie my shoe lace.At once she said, "leave it, let me do that for you." Frankly speaking I felt like jumping off the cliff that very moment, out of shame. But I couldn't help it. I had to ask her to tie them. I then sat into the car and started heading in the direction that i had almost forgotten. My work place :), on my way I thought it was my mom's pure love for me that she helped me with the shoe lace.

In another 20 mins or so I was at my work place, the guard at the main gate stood in attention and his characteristic salute made me feel really good. When I entered my cabin I saw my table in perfect conditions. My office boy said,"Madam aap aane wale the na, to saaf karke rakha hai." My colleagues started to come in and inquire about my well being . The respect I get from them makes me feel really responsible.

I had to settle down quickly because I had to see the pending work for the day. I also had to get the updates from one of my colleagues. BlackBerry pops this sms. I read it, its from Yam. I have a smile on my face. I forget I have so much work to do. I reply to that sms. And it continues through out the day. Its the pride that I have lost. Pride that was making me hollow from inside. Its Yam who made me realize, I can do better for myself.

Three different emotions all in one day.... phewww!!!!! what a power packed day I have had. I need some rest now. 

1 comment:

yamini said...

Awesome descritption of varied emotions!! :)
keep it up up up!