Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Correction Fluid

This week is an important week at the work place. We are banking on big tie ups and better revenue sources. We need to expand our business and make our presence felt in the town . So each one of us are working really hard to achieve targets.

A couple of days back I was sitting with the Accounts head of our firm, Mr. Deshpande. Brilliant man!!! He walked in my cabin and asked me to make available certain documents of income and expenditure. Like always I called for a cup of tea for him. Before we jumped into actual business Deshpande ji inquired about my well being. I told him that things were ok with me and I just hoped they would get better. He looked a little surprised!!I then told him about the surgery i underwent and the pain that it had caused. He then asked me how do you feel about the entire experience. I could only say, "I have been to hell and back. Sir a little fun turned out to be a disaster. It was my mistake."

Here's when the experienced man speaks. There was a bottle of correction fluid on my desk. He picked the bottle and asked me what it was. I told him that is used to correct the mistakes we make while writing, mistakes that we usually make while typing and mistakes that we see in the printed material. He smiled and again asked me what it was. I told him the same thing. He then said, "I am asking you what it is and you are telling me what is its purpose."

I took a pause. His question was very obvious but I interpreted it. Isn't this the same situation that we experience in our relationships too. Our parents, our friends, our lover do say things with "no pun intended", yet we make it complicated and start deriving our own meaning.

Like a correction fluid is used to correct mistakes, our experiences in life are used to not to commit mistakes. I have a chance  to rectify my mistakes and I am already in the process to do that. You have a chance too, grab it before its too late.

1 comment:

yamini said...

From Hell and back??!!

This is what you learnt there??? This is amazing!! One of the best pieces of "Understanding Life" from someone..
I am really glad you wrote this.
Am sure there is much much more to what you just see.

Keep writing, Keep inspiring!!