Monday, April 4, 2011

Capitulation


''Alex you are hurting me...."

Samantha knew her life was dedicated to the almighty and that she knew she will be away from all the worldly pleasures all her life. Who knew just one incidence could change her life forever.

"Dear Lord my life is dedicated to you. I know i am not meant for this world. My soul, I sold it to you...." Samantha is disturbed tonight. The fragrance in the air is distracting her. Her prayers, she is unable to complete them. She is forgetting the verses.

"Alex", a distant voice calls out. The candle that Samantha is about to light drops from her hand. Samantha at once goes down on her knees, "Forgive me lord for I have sinned, his deep blue eyes, saw through me, made me feel naked." Samantha lived in the Church of St. Andrews since she was seven. She grew up to be the most beautiful girl in the town. But her presence was felt only to the four walls she confined to.

"Alex, what are you doing here, you know its a sin" Alex holds Samantha very close to him, they grow closer, so close that its hard to decipher their shadows. "Alex, you are hurting me."

"Love, can never hurt Samantha. Love in its purest form is you. Your eyes, in them i see my unborn, your hand when I hold, makes me stronger."
 "Get away from me Alex I smell of you".
"Come closer to me Samantha, my soul smells of you."

A sin was committed and both Alex and Samantha knew there is no way back. The Church and the authorities would kill them both. They decide to elope and start a new life. But love my friends come with a lot of conditions. But Alex and Samantha were inseparable.

Today I sit in the porch with Samantha listening to her story, and my eyes are filled with tears. "If only I could love with no conditions apply."


1 comment:

yamini said...

Nice work!! Polish it a bit!! :D