Wednesday, June 22, 2011

4th DIMENSION

It is an old saying, "Time and tide wait for none."


My question is who wants either of them to wait? Sarcasm? No, I don't think I am being sarcastic.I am just being rude and I am not sorry for this. I don't want the time to wait nor do I want the tides to remain still and silent.For if these stop or remain silent, this will be an indication that the world has come to an end. And I want to live, I want to live for I have dreams. Dream, Imagine, Courage, get your hands dirty. Make it happen!


I have dreams, but do I have sufficient "time" to fulfill these dreams? Time, the fourth dimension, We live in a world of three dimensions. Well, we only perceive three dimensions. We can hypothesize many more dimensions. But, they are difficult to imagine.Because of Einstein, we often call time the fourth dimension. Special relativity shows that time behaves surprisingly like the three spatial dimensions.


Coming back to dreams, I had the strangest dream last night. I was speaking to my soul.


Me: "I find it really difficult to live in this world"


Soul: "Why? You were born here. What is it? What is bothering you?" 


Me: "Hummm, you are talking to me?"


Soul: "Yes, who is present here apart from you and me?"


Me: "Oh yes! I am sorry I was just looking at my watch, its not showing the right time".


Soul:" And what is the right time?"


Me: "It should be quarter past 12."


Soul: "Here's where you Human Beings get all of it wrong."


There was silence for a couple of minutes and my soul spoke again.


Soul: "Ever thought of living out of the box? Throw away all your watches, priced possessions that you call, these are nothing but devils. Now close your eyes and imagine a world for yourself, where are there are no wall clocks, wrist watches or any other time related gadget."


I still had my eyes closed because I could see a place just like that,  my dreams were given wings to fly, my imagination germinated,  and the time, it never was. It was just the right time, the one I was searching for. 







3 comments:

! RUCH ! said...

An eye opener for sure.. Good one.. U Rock gal.. !!

Pooja Cornelius said...

thank you ruch :)

Yamini said...

I had a different perspective of time. What you have written is citing sheer umimportance of time, if we actually condition our mind that way. Everything just seems eternal and eveyrthing works for you just right!

This sure is a topic for discussion, because it provokes so many thoughts at so many levels!!


I call it an excellent piece of writing because it is very thought provoking.

Keep writing keep inspiring!!

-Yamini